Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Busy busy busy

I've been missing in action for a while. Too many things to do, too little time. Last week (or was it the week before?) I received the good news. I got into Berkeley! Yeay!!! It is too good to be true. Thank you God for giving me a second chance. I was so happy, I almost started jumping up and down in my cube. But I didn't. I waited until I was outside. God knows how happy I am. Now's my chance to redeem myself, to really do what I want to do, and to really make the most of college experience. Damn I can't wait. School starts in August, so between now and then I have to make arrangements (such as who will pay for it) and prepare myself for a hectic 3 years.

Last week too, I signed my lease for my new apartment. I'm on my way to creating a new routine to better survive my post-Nils days. Today I actually sat down and drew a layout of my apartment. To scale. Using a software of course. But still, it's pretty cool. I had to check whether I can fit a queen bed in my studio, that's why I went through all that trouble. I still want some space left for a love seat, coffee table, and TV. I have to buy one thing at a time due to budget constraint. Today I bought my mattress. I'll wait another couple of weeks before I order my bed. I can't wait to get settled in my new place. It's gonna be a fun summer. I can tell.

Hope you guys had a good weekend. Nils's friend is in town, so we're having dinner (I'm being anti-social and came in to post instead). Anyway, we're sitting around chatting and watching movies. I already went to happy hour with work friends last night, so tonight I'm being a good girl. It's almost bed time. Tomorrow I have loads of stats homework and studying to do. Two more weeks and I'll be done with stats forever. I hope.

No comments: