Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 11, 2006

Leisure activities

I've taken to a new hobby nowadays - watching old classic movies. I love the simplicity of the scenes, subtle emotional cues, and especially how the movies don't try so hard to be realistic. And I love the characters' mannerism - so very polite. So far, my favorite is Woman of the Year and Desk Set. So cute to watch Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy falling in love. One such a cold career woman and the other a softie. Sometimes it tickles me how clean these old movies are. The darkened room scenes, silhouette of a kiss, etc. And it confuses me when they talk about money. How much was $20,000 worth back then? My other favorites are Walk, Don't Run (Cary Grant reminded me of Sean Connery in this one), It Happened One Night, and Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. There are many more that I like actually, tapi takde kerja lah tu nak list them all here.

Tuesday is marketing final, and Thursday is accounting. After that, I'm freeeeeee - for three weeks. We were going to have a birthday party this weekend since CC's birthday is on the same day as mine. But after they all flaked out on last night's plan, I don't know if I'd count on it. It's times like that that I miss Nils the most. At least I know he wouldn't ditch me.

No comments: