Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Pleasant surprise

I got a nice surprise on Thursday at work. I've known for a few weeks now that I will be assigned to a new project full time. It's good and not-so-good, the good is that I get to work full time with the consultants, implementing our new shop floor systems, and not-so-good is that I don't get to lead our contract manufacturing tech transfer, something I've wanted to do for a long time.

But I think my preference has changed over the years, because now I very much prefer the consulting project experience to the tech transfer, since it gives a lot of visibility (good potential for kaki bodek like me), and it gives a lot of interface with other departments. Besides, I will still lead the on-going tech transfer to our client's site, so I will get some exposure in that. So I'm not crying over the transfer. And I certainly am not crying about the promotion. It is a nice surprise.

Now on to a grueling 12 months to establish my footing. As a good friend of mine put it "Now you're part of the hated management". Yes, I need to make the most of it, and prove myself all over again.

No comments: