Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Al Fatihah

Mak Long passed away last night after a tough battle with cancer. I cannot imagine how sad the atmosphere in BP was. Mak said everyone was there. Even my forever stoic Pak Chu was crying. I'm sure he wasn't the only one. When I called, I only spoke to my mom, because after about 30 seconds both of us ended up sobbing on the phone and so I hung up and sms her instead what I wanted to say.

Boy was still on his way when Mak Long took her last breath. Good thing he already went home the week before to see her. Mak is 3 for 3 now, for making us call/come home to ask for forgiveness and say our goodbyes because she didn't think someone we all love would make it through the night.

My reaction today: head to work after about 3 hours of sleep, and stayed at the office for 16 hours. I would've stayed longer just so I don't have to come home and cry, but I have to do my homework and pack for tomorrow's trip. Mak Long, I hope you knew how much I love you, and I will always cherish our memories together. Everything from our trips to the hair salon, to the morning school rides, and the studying that you forced me to do. Now all of us at kampung will never get to eat arwah nenek's sambal goreng during raya anymore. You know that I wouldn't be who I am today without you, and now that you're gone, my life will never be the same. :*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ello.. i'm very sorry about mak long.. i know u must've been devastated. hang in there, ok?