Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Midterm oh midterm

Nothing like exams to remind me that I am now once again a student. I had my first midterm today. I was studying quite diligently over the holiday weekend, taking a break only to go to a bbq, from which I was driving home when I got pulled over by po-po. That was a close call. Too close. Not going to do that again. What a big mess it could've been.

Anyway, I couldn't sleep last night, which is usually a good sign for me as far as exams go. I'm only nervous about exams that I think I can do well at. If not, why bother worrying, right? Might as well go to sleep if I'm going to botch it. Anyway, I found myself concentrating hard, trying to think about nothing. It was so hard, keeping my mind blank. All these thoughts kept creeping in - work, Nils, where my life is going, work, midterm, green card, exercise, fat, and the list goes on. I have to say, though, that I quite enjoy being off my medication. Now I'm not tired all the time, and hopefully I can finally shed these pounds. The downside is that I'm back to having trouble falling asleep. But maybe for the time being I'd rather be up all night than be fat and tired all day. Between working and school, I need all the energy I can get, it might be a blessing that I can't sleep. More time for my project! (right...)

I've made hotel reservations for my trip next week. I'm so excited I can't wait! I'm thinking of whale watching and taking a wildlife tour. I want to see kangaroos, koalas, platipus, wallaby, and emus. And I really really want to hug a koala! Even if just to make Angel jealous. Hee hee hee. I'm so evil.

Several people asked how things are with me and Nils. Truth is, I don't quite know. We're still together for now, I suppose. Although not in my favorite-est kind of way. I'm looking forward to his visit. Maybe I'll make him tell me his life story. It's like that one line from this movie: "So you were born, then you went home, and then what?" Yes, that's what I'm gonna ask him...

**Tomorrow is the first day of football season! Hurray!**

No comments: