Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2008 will turn out to be as good as 2007, if not better. I am 30 this year, and am looking forward to some of the best years of my life. I was surprised one morning when I opened the papers to find my horoscope:

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21) Three cheers for letting go, for letting the universe support you, for being excited about the way your life is unfolding! Your open mind gives you great freedom of choice.

That is exactly how I feel (!). For some reason I feel like I'm starting my adventure, what with the upcoming changes to my personal life, school, and work.

Nils and I announced our engagement over the holidays. Both families were happy to learn about it - his family gave me warm "welcome to the family" hugs and kisses, and my mom was all happy that I am finally to be married and that there is a chance after all that she will get a nice menantu and some grandkids. InsyaAllah.

I need to find out what we need to do. How do you bertunang when one side of the family is 10,000 miles away? Video conference? Good thing my mom is very simple. She said "Tak payah susah susah risaukan hal bertunang, terus nikah aje pun takpe." Hehehe.. That's my mom!

So now Nils and I are trying to sort out the details. So many things to do for both sides of the families and friends. Nils will be around for a week, hopefully we'll have enough time to at least get things started. Neither of us has a vision for what the wedding will be like. Mostly because I know very little about western wedding stuff, and not very much about Malay weddings. I need to talk to my brother. Maybe he can do the research for me. I wonder if I'll find anything useful if I Google mas kahwin serba satu. What does "serba satu" mean? The only thing we both know at this point is that we want it to be simple and hassle-free for everyone involved. Some friends have offered tips, info, and advices. Thanks! I will be asking for more of them :)

So here's to welcoming 2008 and my thirties with open arms. Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

huhuhu am very happy and sexcited to hear about it too! huhu glad things are working out well for you!! huhuhu

Anonymous said...

hey babe, congrates again! so happy and excited for you! hehe.. wedding planning can be a headache, but u save some already not worrying about the merisik & bertunang thing! :P mas kahwin is the wajib thing, token of appreciation from ur future hubby. but if i'm not mistaken, usually hantaran is the one that they said serba satu.. as in a pair of clothing, jewelery/watch, perfumes and the like. yeah, good idea to get boy to do research.. later he needs to do the same thing, right? hehe.. good luck with the wedding planning!! email me! cheers!! :)

Yan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :))

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe.. Tima kasih kawan kawan. Nanti datang kenduri okeh?