Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 25, 2008

"Hi, my name is Kokes"

work·a·hol·ic (wûrk-hôlk, -hlk)
n.
One who has a compulsive and unrelenting need to work.

----------------------------------------

This morning I woke up in a fury. Even in my dreams I'm getting pissy at people. It got me to thinking about what is causing this bout of anger and melancholy. I've been struggling to get out of bed in the morning for a few weeks now. Conversations that carry across the cubicle walls annoy me. I haven't been participating in them lately. I rarely do anyway, but at least I used to lend some snickers and what not. Those meaningless chats used to be entertaining and fun.

For better or for worse, I found out what is bothering me. I am a workaholic deprived of work and opportunities to accomplish, even when they mean putting in way more than what I get out of them. What to do, what to do. Bak kata Sang Iddy, "Terima ajelah hakikat." I think she's right. Time to get busy again.

Several things I'm definitely not loving right now:
1. xxxxxxxx is fxxxxxg demotivating
2. The organization processing visa stuff
3. Annual earnings that mystify
4. Saturday classes
5. Supply shortage in the house due to procrastination and forgetfulness
6. Weight
7. Tight clothes (very much related to #6 above)
8. Options that are worth less than cow dung
9. Waiting
10. Being lazy

Some of these I'm taking steps to remedy, others will just stay there because I am not going to put in any effort to stop hating them.

No comments: