Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 04, 2008

4th of July

Nils and I are celebrating 4th of July in Virginia this year. We're usually at the beach house at this time of the year, but this year nobody had any time off from work, so Dad canceled the trip. We were going to take the metro into town to watch fireworks from the rooftop of Dad's office, but it was drizzling and what not, so we bagged that plan. Instead, we went for a bbq at the neighbor's house. The entire block was pretty much there, and I got to meet all of them for the first time. They were very nice and warm to me. For some reason I'm always surprised at how nice Nils's family and friends treat me, mostly because I know I am usually not particularly nice to strangers (I'm not rude to them, I just don't make extra effort to make them feel comfortable). But today I was nice. I was chatty with almost everyone there. Maybe part of getting old is learning to be nice to people I don't (yet) know.

We're heading off to Mom's tomorrow morning. Might grab a bite at this Japanese restaurant we usually go to (yeay fish cheek!). I wanted to do dim sum since we don't have those back in kampung Bedminster, but it would take too long. Next time, I supposed. So no chicken feet for me this trip.

Oh, I turned in my resignation letter yesterday. It feels so weird and scary to be in-between jobs. It's like I've fallen off a tight rope, and still waiting to find out whether there is a net down there...

No comments: