Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2009

My very own quiet time

I love my quiet (semi-) morning hours on the weekends. TV is off, Nils still sleeping, I'm the only one up melayan friends living in my laptop - as Sang Mimi calls them. In this time, I only hear the noises in my head, and I can only see what's right in front me (barely), sebab belum put in contact lens lagi. It's so quiet, I can actually hear myself think! Oh, and I've discovered that I think in English.

So many people asked last year, that I actually made an effort to find out. It required some effort, because every time I think of that question, I was thinking in English, but then, is it only because I was trying to answer that question? Was I thinking in Malay, but using English words? So confusing. But after many months of never catching myself thinking in Malay, I've concluded that I think in English. Well, at least most of the time. I suspect when I'm talking to my mom and such, I think in Malay. God knows I don't know the English words to "asam keping," "daun pandan," "air muka," "berkenan," and all that stuff. One mystery solved, now on to the next obsession.

I finally ordered my desk last week. Whoo hoo! Even in the midst of working siang malam, I had the time to go look for that. Maybe I finally got tired of working at the dining table, hunched over my laptop, with papers strewn all over. So this Wednesday, my new desk will be here! Whoo hoo! Last week, Nils took some pictures of his antique furnitures to bring down to the auction house. We might sell a couple of pieces to make room (and money) for a sofa set, bedroom set, bookshelves, and maybe some comfy seatings down by the pool table. Last I heard, Nils was talking about a flat screen for that room. The look on my face when he told me that, must've been "not nice," since I haven't heard of that idea since. Actually it's not such a bad one. If we sell the giant 60-incher downstairs, we'll actually gain some space so that it doesn't feel sardine-cramped down there. We'll see lah. Playing house is tiring some time, but it will be nice when this place doesn't feel like a house for one anymore nanti. (Cue evil laugh)

Well, my quiet time is almost over now. I can hear Nils walk to his computer upstairs. If I turn on the tv now, he'll be down here in a jiffy. Haha. Til next time, people. Have a good weekend! Maybe this weekend I'll make nasi lemak with the daun pandan I found. And next on the list is Swedish Meatballs (hai, laki ku...).

4 comments:

citykoos said...

morning beb!
ni dah gosok gigi belum ni? :D

Yatie said...

wah.. sudah become domesticated and cooking? hehe..

Anonymous said...

Olaaaa... here menjawab soklan: norfaezah at gmail dot com :) Adakah anda akan datang kemari? Marilah, marilah!

Kokes said...

citykoos: Kenapa on weekend kena gosok gigi pulak? :p

Yatie: Haha, domesticated? Hardly. Kadang2 je masak sebab bosan makan luar :)