Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Recharge

Every morning when I was in Rome, I stopped at the same cafe to get my breakfast of chocolate croissant and bottled water. By the second day, the guy had already knew me at sight and greeted me as I walk in ("Ciao! Chocolat?") and whenever our eyes meet as I walk to and from the train station during the day.

This morning, armed with my usual breakfast, I headed to the Termini, lugging my backpack (on its wheels). A quick stop at the ticket machine, bancomat, and a quiet corner to stuff the cash in my bra, and I was on my way.

The train ride to La Spezia is quite scenic. Passing through Civita,I got a glimpse of what may be in store when I get to Cinque Terre. The coastal view was breathtaking, laced with houses perched on steep, rocky cliffs, facing the green ocean. I was suddenly excited at the prospect of hiking alongside a similarly spectacular view (this, from a person who detests walking of any sort). The next 2 days will be awesome!

Thus far, I've been happy with my itinerary. After hectic sightseeing in London and Paris, I got to recharge and enjoy quiet walks in the Alps. I remember telling Idlan that I finally understood the meaning of majestic, for the Alps was truly that - simply majestic. My only recollection of prior talks of the Alps was from my high school geography classes - banjaran Rocky dan Alps. It was really something to see the humbling mountains in person, instead of just on brown and green topographical maps.

Now, after the hustle and bustle of Florence and Rome, I will get to wind down in the (hopefully) serene Italian Riviera before continuing my journey. Twelve more days, and I will be back in my bed (ini kes homesick).

--
Sent from my mobile device

2 comments:

Yatie said...

hi.. so cool pegi berjalan2! take care ye.. jangan hilang duit di dalam.. err.. ruang simpanan! haha..

Kokes said...

Yatie: Haha! Tulah ruang simpanan yg. paling selamat I could think of. So far, so good. Seven more days and I'm heading home! (Yeay!)