Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Settling down

I've been meaning to post for a while. Honest. Things are a little wild what with the moving and what not. I came back from North Carolina on Monday. It was Nils's usual family vacation. We decided we should both go, have fun, and take it from there. Now he's permanently moved to the East Coast. (Sob sob...) He's still trying to settle down, looking for a new place. I'm still slowly unpacking, throwing out as much stuff as I can. I'm doing it differently this time. Instead of taking everything out of the box, this is what I do:

1) Wait until I'm looking for something, for example, say I have a headache and need aspirin. Then I would...
2) think hard about where in the apartment I would look if I were trying to find aspirin.
3) Dig in my unpacked boxes until I find my aspirin.
4) Take 2 tablets.
5) Put the bottle at the place I identified in Step 2 above.

This way I have a place for everything, and I know where everything is. How good is that? Maybe after 6 months, if I still have unpacked boxes, I could just throw them away, since obviously I do not need or miss them.

Now if only I can find a tiny computer desk to put my laptop and software disks in. Maybe more of a stool with drawers. Hmmm, that reminds me, they have that at the office. The drawers with the cushion top. I wonder if they make a home version of that.

No comments: