Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Jam?

Today for the first time I really felt Nils not being here. I was at the grocery store trying to get some spread, I saw that there were preserves, and then there were jams. Beats the heck out of me what the difference is. I remember I asked Nils that question before, and he told me what the difference was (or are they the same? I forget.). I stood in the aisle for a bit, looking at both bottles. Didn't occur to me to look at the ingredients. Called Nils but he didn't pick up (turned out he was on the other line with his realtor). I stood there some more, and then picked up the Nutella. Looked at the calorie: 2 tbsp = 200 calories. Too much. I knew that if I got preserves/jam, I'd put a thin layer on my toast, but if it's Nutella, I'd pile it on. Too yummy to resist! Hell I might end up snacking just on the Nutella. So I looked more at the preserves and jam. Couldn't decide, so I just walked away. Now I only have bread, no spread. Guess I'll be having plain toast tomorrow. :-S See, Nils would know things like that. How on earth did I manage to know so little about groceries?

No comments: