Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 28, 2006

Run Kokang, run

The grind of schoolwork is starting to kick in. I constantly worry that I'm not spending enough time on school stuff, especially now, with the looming econ midterm. So this week I started early and managed to get some studying done Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday. My inability to retain information is startling me, though. I've always kind of thought I could learn things quickly, but these days, I have to read and reread and really digest the info for it to stick in my brain (signs of aging?). Seriously though, I'm a little worried about that too (not being able to retain info, in addition to not spending enough time on studying in the first place *sigh*). Maybe my brain just needs a little exercise to get back in shape.

On another front, I've started my exercise regimen of running around the block. For two weeks I contemplated re-joining the gym. I desperately need to get back in shape, and I don't like to run on the street. I hate stopping at the junctions, lights, etc. - should I jog while I wait, which kind of look silly, or should I just stop cold, which kind of sucks? - those kind of dilemmas. But since running on the street is free, I decided to give it a shot. If I absolutely hate it, then I'll join a gym. After doing it for 2 days, I find that it's really not that bad. Three blocks west of my apartment, there is no traffic lights for a good stretch of the way, so I can run through the stop signs. And if I run early enough, there are really no cars on the road. To my dismay, I could only run for 4 blocks before having to stop and pant like a dog. My plan is to run 4 days a week, even if only for half an hour at a time. At the end of the day, even if I end up walking the better part of the mile home, I'm still burning more calories than if I were to laze around stuck on my couch. So a pat in the back for me for sticking with it for the past two days. Yeay!

I wonder if it's too far to walk 1.8 mi to Union Square on weekends...

Oh, I saw Before Sunrise yesterday. I can see why Iddy likes it. The info blurb said "a talkfest between blablabla". Haha, talkfest. Yup, perfect description. Good movie, made me wonder what's out there for me.

No comments: