Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hellooooo....

Sunday when I was in class, it occurred to me that this might be one of the rare moments where I sincerely feel that life is good. Life is good. The last time I felt this way, I was a sophomore, one of my best friends just got himself a convertible, and the three of us were driving down University Avenue on a pleasant summer afternoon, heading for the marina. I remember marking that day in my mind - the best day of my life.

Despite all my whining, I have to admit, life is going pretty good for me right now. After 5 years, I finally made friends at work. Friends friends. Not just people I occasionally hang out with after work. A good friend used to tell me, when I was complaining about not having anyone around, just be myself and I will find myself among "my people". I guess for me, those are the ones who can join me my lawak bangang, find humor in just about anything, and find significance in things like bowel movements, protruding tummies, and worldwide hair removal habits. I am having fun, and when I'm not, I don't feel like I'm all alone.

Orientation is this weekend, and class officially starts next Thursday. I can't believe the shit I have to wade through to finally get to learn the things I want to learn. (I wonder how long I'll feel this way about school.) Which reminds me, I still need to finish the online Accounting intro thingy.

Between my new-found friends, living in the city, and starting my MBA, I have to say, life if pretty darn good right now. Despite how things may be in a couple of months, today I'm living my dreams. (Thank you, God :* )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey baby, I'm very happy for you! :-) all the best for all the things to come!

Idlan said...

kokes, you are excited about school tee hee...

Kokes said...

zry77: hehe, thanks!

Idlan: I know! That is so messed up! Malu weh.