Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 15, 2006

My USB flash

I have a USB flash drive that I use from time to time. So tell me the signs of a flash drive going corrupt, so I'll know when I need to replace it. I like my flash drive, even though it's not a fancy schmancy one. I like how it's simple and unflashy (despite its name). It's white, see-through, and I want to bring it wherever I go. It holds so much information, I've gotten dependent on it.

Let me tell you the part why I think it's going corrupt. Sometimes I have trouble transferring files to and from it. Transferring out is much much much harder than transferring in. Some days it's like drawing blood from a rock. Ok, I'm exaggerating a little, but still, these communication breakdowns drive me nuts. Maybe the flash drive's made for Apple, and therefore I must be an Orange. The other thing too, it doesn't seem like I can put on it as much as I'm supposedly able to. And that part frustrates me the most. Why wouldn't it go all the way? It's not that I have enough things to put on there to fill it up. But I'd like to know that if I want to, I could. Should I toss it out now before it craps out on me? Tell me.

I remember in Blink, Malcolm Gladwell said that at some point, your significant other becomes an extension of yourself. You won't try to remember everything, because there are some things that you know your other half knows. That's kind of how things have become with me and Nils. I find myself not even paying attention to the roads. I'm still not quite sure I can get to Draeger's by myself even though it's only a ten-minute drive and we go there all the time (I think I can, it's just that I've never tried). I've become comfortable with the fact that I can ask him anything, and most of the time, he'll have the answer. For example, I don't have to remember whether camels have one hump or two. Or how many Kennedys there are left. Or how much my mortgage payment will be if I put 20% down. Things like that. He's become an extension of my memory. Like my USB flash drive.

And like I said, I think my USB flash drive is going corrupt. I might have to find a replacement soon. That's my sad story.

No comments: