Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Our secret language

Hahaha! I don't have to go to work today! I took today off for medical check up. How nice to lounge around in my robe on a weekday. I had my blueberry muffin breakfast with Nils, and will head back to bed soon. Hehehe...

Did I ever tell you that Nils and I have our own language? If you've played Sims before, then you'd already have a preview of it. Instead of saying things in our hearts when we are made to do things we don't really want to do - for example when one of us has to get up and turn off the lights simply because I'm/he is closer to the switch - we grumble out loud. Except you can't really catch the words. Do you really need to hear the exact words to know what the other person is cursing about? No. You basically know the gist of it. Here's an example:

On the couch, while watching TV:

Kokes: Hey! You drank all of my soda! (even though it was actually Nils's, but hey, what's his is mine, right?) Baby get more soda?

Nils: You go get.

Kokes: You're closer. (This is house rule, whoever is closer has to do it.)

Nils: Hmmmm.. Miumuonibedubopunilumimiu (which basically means: Why? Why do I have to get up? Can't someone else do it? The couch is so comfy, I don't want to get up, dammit!)

Kokes: Hehehehehe.... Yess!

So now you get it, right? So while sometimes I don't quite know what his complaints are, at least I know he's complaining and most of the time I can guess what he's saying. Haha. It's fun. You try it.

No comments: